Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My city,My lane

Vyas is screaming for attention and calls out for me more than often.His little ugoo's are catching my heart everyday and i just cannot say how happy i feel when i see him give his toothless smile :)

Aku started reading to vyas and he read from his "magic Stories" book and keeps asking vyas all the questions i used to ask aku after i read a story and poor vyas,just looks at his brother and smiles :)

Feel good to and looking forward for those 10 days at amma's home in hyderabad.As a teenager my brother and i used to hate our area or those little lanes where we live.It is in the old part of secundrabad.We used to scream and yell at our parents,asking them to get to the hip side of the city.Most of the time or say always,we kept out friends away from home,thinking freak what will they think? and also spent most time in the happening areas at that time,like banjara,jubilee or sainikpuri.However i just realized that,those tiny lanes have so much activity in them.When i come out to my balcony in the post gates community in Bangalore,i miss noise around me.I mis kids screaming and playing gulli cricket.I miss neighbours sitting out and gossiping.I miss aunties bringing over savouries and snacks.i miss sitting in the front yard when it is hot and drinking juice or butter milk and chatting with relatives and friends.I miss not having t knock to go to any house there and miss the way we celebrate functions and festivals.

I am gad I belong to Seethphalmandi and am proud to be a citizen there :)

11 comments:

  1. I miss HYD too! We lived in Ameerpet and my parents and in laws still live there. I love any part of HYD and have memories all over the city. When ever I read a post about HYD, it makes me nostalgic and I feel like running back to my home town and settle there.

    Hopefully, someday we'll be back and Sarath can experience HYD and see what a fun city it is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in a small bylane in Malleswaram and I miss the sights and sounds - kids playing cricket, vegetable and fruit vendors, raddiwala's call, neighbours dropping by.... Living in an apartment building now, I feel so isolated, strangely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i miss that city tm,it gives me joy to just hear that name and yes i want my kids ot grow that too and enjoy all those gallis and guchas like we did.have chat near paradise or idlis near the lane on ameerpet or hang out in tank bund and much more :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. isolated is and understatment for me,i feel like i am the only one in this planet apart from my kids and V :(....infact i want to move to basavangudi or sheshadripuram but V says no way...so will get together like minds and create own gallis at home i think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. There's no place like the home where you grow up.
    I too lived in Secundersbad for a while (since my dad's in the army). And I did have my set of cribs, but only when you're taken away from something do you realize the value of it. :)

    And yes... A baby's toothless smile is UNDOUBTEDLY the most beautiful thing in the world. :)

    Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi am subbu from seethaphalmandi....miru entha miss ayaro miru chepina matalaone telushtondhi...anyways nice to meet ....mana area kada ani miku reply chesthuna...na gmail id add chesukondi...bye tc...

    1987.subbu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi am subbu from seethaphalmandi....miru entha miss ayaro miru chepina matalaone telushtondhi...anyways nice to meet ....mana area kada ani miku reply chesthuna...na gmail id add chesukondi...bye tc...

    ReplyDelete