Saturday, September 25, 2010

no,no curd in it!!!!!!!!

So, has anyone tasted sambar? of course yes.Then you go and mix that with rice.Now, what do you call it? I call it sambar rice.

But today I ate something same but different name, it is called ( all kannadigas will hate me for this)bisibelebath.I know, I know it is a kannda dish and it is supposed to be fantastic.However even the sambar that i make is good when you mix it with rice!

and then i tried to mix it with crud and V yelled saying that is an offence!Sorry but for me curd,pickle any day is a dish better than none

5 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Vani and I am a true blue Bangalorean. Lemme tell you something...Bisibelebath is NOT sambar rice! They are way different! :)
    Well...its basically to do with the proportion of the Dal to Rice and the spices used and the style in which it is served. The authentic taste of Bisibelebath is way different from sambar. The hotels over a period of time have kind of arrived at a masala powder with which they can make both. You know how it works in restaurants!
    Write back to me and drop in to my place at Bangalore for an authentic Bisibelebath meal. :)

    - Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. see now that is an invite i cannot resist.Thanks a lot Vani,let us eat that authentic food and maybe then i would know that difference between sambar rice and the original authentic bisibelebath!

    btw thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes Yummy Bisibelabath although she is from chennai :) ..
    and yeah i would agree with vani, they both taste different . and i would always prefer the kannada dish over the Sambhar(mixed) rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am still waiting to taste the authentic dish,please can i ask aunty to invite me over??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you are always welcome :) .. she would be pleased to serve you :) ..

    ReplyDelete