Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Patience...

I am sitting at the table trying to write, the gate opens and my neighbor walks in drunk. his wife has been waiting for him all evening and night.

"who the F asked you to wait for me" he screams.
"i was worried for you" she said.
"Why do you think I am a little boy?"
"no, no it is just that it was raining so.." so what you bloody B saying this he falls flat on his face. he did not even have the energy to walk till the door. she picked him up like a flower,took him in and put him to bed.

I was watching this from my window, looked at her to ask if she needs help breaking his bones...

she smiled and shook her head pleading me to ignore this commotion............

He was smelling and reeking of alcohol and she was smelling and reeking of Patience.......

8 comments:

  1. wow nicely written!I dun hv that much patience :)Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also of love perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm quite nice .. a familiar tale of certain households.. you captured it well ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. sureshchandramenonAugust 8, 2007 at 4:33 AM

    hi deepthi,thanks for your comment..take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. sureshchandramenonAugust 8, 2007 at 4:34 AM

    hi deepthi,thanks for your comment...take care..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chandramohan Kannan "CM"August 11, 2007 at 9:58 AM

    you know what deepti, I may come across a bit strong here... but she was smelling and reeking with Stupidity :(...its because of women like this that a larger part of our society sucks...men that get drunk to an extent that they have no clue what they say should be stoned... and those men that abuse their women in this state need to be taken to the public square, awoken to full consience, slogged and then shot to death.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this post of yours and was struck by the audocity of some men who takes their spouses 'for granted'!! I am only worried what will happen to them when that thread of Patience breaks???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read this post of yours and was struck by the audocity of some men who takes their spouses 'for granted'!! I am only worried what will happen to them when that thread of Patience breaks???

    ReplyDelete