Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Freedom...


free·dom ---- the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint:

the above is what I got from the dictionary, meaning to to the word that India would be celebrating tomorrow. India would be celebrating 60 years of Independence,60 years of being a democratic nation.60 years of change,60 years of culture,60 years of growth,60 years of Constitution and 60 years of liberalization.

now i often keep wondering has India been kept well? did we give her the respect that we fought for?? have we torn her apart? have we made her useless? have we???

I am not sure on we.

I read that the Kashmiri Pandits have been living in temporary accomadations for 17 years...
I hear that the independent Kashmiri thinks that independence for him is in his four walls...
I hear that the villagers in Andhra are tossed and torn between the Police and Naxals...
I hear that the Dalit was killed by upper caste just cause he dug a well to fetch a pail of water...
I heard that Imphal is ruled by AFSAPA and not by democracy...
I hear that Gujrat roits are still raw....
I hear that children are dying of mal nutriton in a village close to the upscale delhi...

I hear that freedom is just not celebration...
Freedom is the way to give away fear...
Freedom is not written in books...
Freedom is still not near to me..........




















....the sad part is that I only think of all this a day before 15Th.......

3 comments:

  1. freedom is also the freedom to make our own mistakes isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence Day to ya!**the sad part is that I only think of all this a day before 15ThFreedom is also the freedom to think whenever u want to think abt it.:)Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandramohan Kannan "CM"August 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM

    good post... it is sad that people have concocted the first line into the state of being free and dumb...I am happy that you think of all this, at least a day before 15th... I don’t remember the last time when I reacted to some of the things you hear and read.

    ReplyDelete