Tuesday, June 1, 2010

rain and cutlet

it rained today and it brought immediate changes in the kitchen,one rain and the evening snack turns out yummy :).we had rice cutlets spicy and tangy ones with chutney and hot filter coffee.

I wanted to make just cutlet.However i got my pinni into the territory and viola she took over and the just cutlet became rice cutlet.But no complaints at all pal.I thought i will post it here for a rainy day and also add another category to the blog i.e what i cooks.

Rice Cutlet

Rice - 1 cup cooked
Potato - 2 boiled and mashed
Carrot - 2 boiled and mashed
Dhaniya - 1 bunch chopped
Corn - boiled
Salt - to taste
Chilly powder - 2 table spoons (or as you would like)
I added amchur/dry mango powder - 1 table spoon
Oil/butter - for shallow fry

Mix all these ingredients in a bowl,taste it and add salt or chilly powder accordingly.Now take a flat pan and pour some butter/oil on it.Now make little balls of this mixture and flatten in on a plastic sheet or your plam and put that on to the pan.Shallow fry it till is is crispy.Serve it with Chutney,sauce or eat it Just like that!

5 comments:

  1. just the words rice cutlets with tangy and spicy chutney make me drool all over your blog..... Why no pic of the crispy cutlet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hellos it is so easy no? make it and relish it and let me know.no pics as camera not working :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask me to make it, then I'll never relish it :P It tastes good only when somebody else serves it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slurp! Its raining outside and this looks like exactly what I want nw :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAkesh - i agree with you totally :)

    Swaram - did u eat it or let me put it this way.did someone make it for you!

    ReplyDelete