Wednesday, November 18, 2009

5 years and 10 months old!

It is a pleasent day for work,stroll,drive and much more.For me it is pleasant day to write my mind away.For a long time now,I have been thinking for a while to write about things that will help others and me.
I wrote about money saving,dealing with ex's and about woman safety.So today is a day I talk about

Understanding your 6 year old child



I a 5 year old who is going to be 6 years in another 2 months and there are so many changes that I have noticed in him.Firstly he is growing fast and his mind is not able to cope with things that he is getting to know.Let me give you an example.

1.Recently he asked my mother about her mother.He wanted to know why great grandmother she still alive? valid question.We have always told him and also he read books that say old people die.So his mind was wandering in that frame.My mother and I did not freak out,we had a good laugh and then went on to explain to him."Aku,It is true that every living thing has to perish one day.However,there is no specified time and place for it".So,instead of waiting for her to die,now when she does he will know that her time has come and everyone has to deal with it.

2.Dad was home one day and Aku was tired of seeing the same grandfather.So,he asked my mother to put on her shoes.He wanted to go to the market and exchange my father for a new one!Boy o boy,my mother could have never been happy :P.My dad though was disappointed and wanted to know why his dear grandson was all set to exchange him.Aku's logic was correct,if dad gets a soap from the market and does not like it or it is damage,he goes to the shop and gets a refund or a new one.Aku accompanies dad in most of these trips.that is where he got the idea of "grandad exchange" from!So,this is what I told him. "aku,you can exchange anything you want in life.However sometimes things that are precious like your grandad cannot be exchanged.So,if you have something that you do not like in your grandad,tell him and I am sure he wil change it for you and he can then stay with you and grandma".He thought for a while and then decided he will let my dad live in the house for a while and help him change his bad habits.
*one bad habit - never brings more than 10 chocolates and aku wants more then 100!

3."grandma,when you grow old,who will take care of you"?.mom told him that "my daughter and son-in-law will".aku had a plan,he told mom that when she and dad get old.he will drop them in the creche,just the way we did when aku was young.he will provide them with a lunch box and diaper and toys and will pick them up when he gets back from office.Well we could not argue with that.Kids learn from what they see and this is what he is planning for me and vinod too!

These are the best years of his life and I am glad to be a part of it.It is surprising that more than him,I am the one who is learning new things about life.I am also able to see life through the eyes of a 5 year old and trust me it is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. I had such a roll laughing about what Aku said about going to a market for an exchange... Reminds me of so many of my own childhood memories...

    It is beautiful to live with a child, a way to relive our own childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vishnu - it is a great feeling to live with one's child.However the summer holidays are not giving me a pleasant feeling :),I think th happy period for parents and kids is the school one!

    ReplyDelete