Wednesday, April 1, 2009

to or not to...

Never imagined myself to be at home and be a homemaker. indeed it was a choice made my self and to think of it, I am enjoying the phase right now.

Getting up,making coffee (thankfully my better half does not insist on me waking up early or doing wifely duties of old era). the thing is that i would not have been with him if he expected me to do so. That brings me to my fav subject of today "compromise"

I remember my mom never asked my dad for permission for anything.She just told him what she wants to do. He on the other hand never told her what to do and left her choices to her. The way we were brought up at home also laid the foundation to what we think is compromise. Like I never ask people,I tell them. If I want to go out with my girlie, I tell V and he is OK with it and vice verse.

Recently a friend was telling me that she cannot do that,as her husband was not happy with it. The thing is that she was not doing anything major. All she asked him was for some personal time for herself. His reason was that you have to take care of family and that is personal time. ahem,one whack from me to him.

That does not mean,never to compromise. If you think that your thing is little less important than that of the other person,then go ahead give it to him/her. Sometimes the smile on the other person's face lets you forget that you did compromise for them.

So decide and be sure of your choice and yes never compromise for worse.compromise for better.

5 comments:

  1. nice...talking about the world economy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. compromise is non-universal word. whats compromise at one particular instant of time, to one person, might be the most rational and sensible thing to do, for another person or at another instant.it again boils down to priorities.If a person A has a partner B and likes/loves B so much that A is ready to make few compromises to make B happy, it wouldnt be called Compromise in first place. because, if the objective is B's happiness, then it automatically moved up in the priority list and once it moves up,it cannot be called as compromise.Bottomline: Know what makes you happy; somtimes it could be your patner's happiness.I know you wrote the same here, but then, thoughts dont stop, once triggered, even at the expense of repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who is just starting a relationship and trying to make it work, I cannot agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandramohan "CM" KannanApril 2, 2009 at 5:06 AM

    I have never been too sure of how the world of compromise works... when 2 people in any conversation are not in agreement, there are only two possible solutions... one of the parties agrees to the other or they both decide that they will stick to their opinions for what ever good reasons... I mean they agree to disagree... both of these can lead to a solution.compromise, is fooling one party that you are agreeing with them, when one party is actually not in agreement... once again, I am not sure how it works... of course all of this is IMHO... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. V - talk about home economy :PAkarsh - You converted the word compromise to being happy :) that is what counts at the end of the day.Anonyous - thanks a you go with that and sometimes we think "what about me" however it helps when you think that is me with him/her along!Cm - welcome back! the thing is that when 2 parties are not ready to agree and 1 decides to agree with the other.he/she is trying to put himself in others shoes and see the point. if the results are yielding good,then what is point is feeling dejected. you did the compromise and for the better!

    ReplyDelete